Why does many people in Nigeria have scars in their faces? Why do many HIV-positive in African countries refuse to take their medicines? Why do woman have to eat sitting on the floor, while men can sit with the table in Uganda? Read why and more shocking things you didn’t know about African cultures in this blog-post.
1. In Nigeria a big share of the population, cut their babies with knife in the face for make scares. This because they believe that if their child dies they will be re-born, and when this happen they will recognize and identified their child due to the unique scares in the face.
2. Many HIV-positive in Africa refuse to take their medicines, because they believe that going to the church, make the priest heal them and pray will make them healthy. They eventually die of AIDS, something I have first-hand witnessed.
3. When given mosquito nets from NGO`s for preventing malaria, people often use it for purposes. Like covering their vegetables, for fishing, and for their wedding dresses, ignoring the importance of using the net for what it is actually meant for.
4. Togo, and Benin are the birthplace of voodoo, and they still practice voodoo ceremonies. Fifty percent practice animism as part of the Voodoo, and worship the Python. They believe the snake will not bite. However, if you are about to kill one, you will die.
5. In many African countries people eat with their right hand. This because the left hand is used for wiping the ass. Neither do they receive things with their left hand, as this is seen as unrespectful.
6. In Uganda, women have to eat at the floor, while men can sit in the sofa or with the table when eating. Why? Men are more worth than woman are therefore more worthy of the comfort. It makes perfect sense, right? …. Or maybe not…