Lately, my blog has been nominated for four different awards. So I decide to write a “quadruple-award” post, adding all into one.
This after actually being a bit sceptical to this whole award thing. However, I do really appreciate everyone that have nominated me, and it is a big honour to hear that they like my blog that much that they list it as one of their favourites. I also think that there are many amazing blogs out there that deserves a recognition. So that is why I in the end decided to respond and pass on the nominations to other wonderful travel-bloggers.
So here are the four awards I have been nominated for:
Premio Dardos Awards
Yesterday, the talented blogger Vlad from Eff It, I’m On Holiday, nominated me to the Premio Dardos Awards. This is an award that is given in recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. This nomination is a big honour, and I would thank Vlad so much for this recognition. I really hope that my blog transmit all of these elements, as that is one of my main goals. And that Vald think that my blog do, really warms my hearth.
The rules for this award are simple. When you get nominated, you have to nominate 15 other people you think are worthy of this award. See who I nominated at the end of this post.
Here the rules are a bit more complicated. First you have to answer 11 questions the person that nominated you have asked. Then you have to ask 11 new questions to the 11 bloggers you nominate for this award, and notify all nominees via social media/blogs. The rules also say that you have to thank the person who nominated you – so here’s to you Ailene: Thank you so much for the nomination. I appreciate it very much!
So here are the questions I had to answer:
Apart from travel tales, what else can we read about on your blog? Besides travel tales, you can read about what I consider important topics to be discussed related to travel on my blog.
Your most memorable travel story so far. I think that must be when I was living in Nigeria. It was my first time travelling alone in a developing country, and it changed me as a person forever.
What made you/got you travelling in the first place? Wanderlust
How many countries, continents and cities have you set foot in? I have been to 50 countries, divided on five continents. How many cities I have been to, I have no idea! I lost count.
What’s the longest time you’ve been away from home? I have not lived in Norway for almost five years. But I usually go home for visits once a year for a short time.
What’s the one souvenir you just had to have? Saree, Indian dress. I have two, and would like to have even more.
Have you ever lost your luggage/backpack? When? Where? Yes, when I was travelling from Nigeria to Uganda. It was in Christmas 2011. It was horrible. I think I will write a post about that.
What are 5 items you always take with you travelling? Passport, two credit cards, camera, music and my toothbrush
Are you an over packer or under packer? Under packer
What type of camera (model, brand) do you take with you when travelling? I have a very small simple camera. Nothing fancy. I am actually not sure which model and brand it is.
If given the chance, where would you like to settle? Back home in Norway. I miss my country.
Furthermore, here are my questions to the nominees:
- What is your favourite destination in the world?
- What was you motivation for share your travel stories and start a blog?
- What do you find most scary while travelling?
- What do you miss most about home when on travel?
- What is your favourite travel quote?
- Which three destinations are on top on your bucket list?
- What is the best travel tip you can give to other travellers?
- What is the most disgusting thing you have eaten on your travels?
- Which post is your favourite one on your blog?
- In which transportation do you prefer to travel in?
- If you were to be stranded on an island and you could only take one thing, what would it be?
Lovely Blog Award
Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Then last but not least, Leah from Went Looking was the first one to nominate me for a blog award. Or actually she nominated me for two: A Lovely Blog Award and a Very Inspiring Blogger Award. This she did back in September 2014. I am sorry I have not done anything regarding this before now. But as I said, I was a bit sceptical to these awards in the beginning. But better late than never, right?
That being said, when Leah nominated me I got very happy and surprised. Mostly, because I just started blogging. It was a big motivation for me! So thank you so much Leah!
The rules for these awards says that you have to share seven facts about yourself. And then nominate 15 other amazing blogs. Here is my facts:
- I grew up in a very small place called Søgne in Norway, with just 11.000 people. No wonder I wanted to see more of the world, right?
- I speak 5 languages. Nerd? No, three of them are almost the same, Norwegian, Danish and Swedish. English and Spanish comes in addition.
- I am considered very tiny to be a Norwegian. I am 163 cm tall. But in other countries I often actually feel tall.
- I played football for almost 10 years. I also was an active long distance runner. Unfortunately, when I travel and live abroad I am not as good to keep myself active and in shape.
- I miss to eat fresh salmon and shrimps when I travel.
- I am scared of snakes.
- I love chocolate and eat it every day!
The nominees for all four award
Then to the nominees. All in all, I am supposed to nominate 41 blogs, due to that each award want me to nominate 11-15 other bloggers. But I am actually not sure if I even follow that many blogs. I therefore would like to keep it simple and nominate 15 bloggers to all of these four awards. I would also not like to put any pressure on the nominees. It is voluntary if you would like to accept the award or not. However, I appreciate all that do accept, and also those that share it on social media.
So here are the nominees in random order. These are all travel-blogs that I love and follow closely:
To you all – congratulations! It is up to you want you want to do with it!